Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Garden Full of Art

I have been so into weeding and prepping pathways for stone that I have missed just how much "art" that is happening in the garden. There are thousands of blossoms which means that the garden is alive with creatures that need flowers to live. There are bees, butterflies, dragonflies, flies, millipedes, ladybugs and hummingbird moths feeding to their fill. The bugs have been bringing a beautiful variety of birds to the yard as well - including Robins, Grackles and Woodpeckers. Looking closer to the worlds within the garden, I see details of the amazing art that Nature creates - wasp nests, tomatillo husks from last year's crop that have turned into a fine messed sack, and a Preying Mantis egg nest stuck to the vegetable garden fence. I need to remember to take time this summer to photograph the many wonders of my own garden or at least I need to "take time to smell the roses".

Bumble Bees on Lupins

"Hair" Aliums

"Candy" Rose with blue glass garden art

No comments: