Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Art Framing

One of the best jobs I ever had was working for a custom frame shop. It didn't pay very well, but I really enjoyed seeing new art every day and discussing the most flattering way to present the client's artwork.

I've bought and created several art pieces over the last few months that I put in the "need to be framed pile". I started getting to those this week, because the pile had started getting in my way. I have a shed full of frames waiting to be filled and mat-cutting tools to do most of the mat designs I want. It is finding the time to do the framing that has been the challenge.

The other problem is finding a place to display the art after it is framed. I love art. I love collecting art that speaks to me. I hate not being able to see all of the pieces in my collection at all times. I'm still working on that problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the birds...very cool...