Sunday, December 27, 2020

LEDs add BLING!

I found online a string of bright LEDs that were battery operated. It started the gears turning in my head. It opens all sorts of potential for a making some art with bling. Here are a couple that I've made so far.

This is called Ursa Major. I did a whole series of wood cutout animals where I then over-imposed skeletons. Then I painted Dia de los Muertos designs on the bones. This one I took in a different direction and added the constellation over the skeleton.

This one I gave to my brother and I liked the bear so much, I used it as a template for the one above. Instead of the lights behind the whole piece, I created a second wood layer for the swirl. But I like how it turned out. I could make a dozen more bears and I'm sure I could change the lights around to make different stories.


No comments: