Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fused Glass Dishes and Plates

Here are some glass pieces I've been working on this week. Thanks to my friend Janis who has the bigger kiln for fusing the larger platters. After I got the green one back from her, I blasted some detail around the edges. I did the same with a blue platter that had rough edges. The sand blasting does soften the edges of the glass.

I used the new Cricut Personal to cut the angel our of resist. I then adhered the resist to the glass and blasted around it. It looks like the angel is stepping on a cloud. I found a heart-shaped mold in the thrift store for a few bucks. I like how it turned out.

The last two are some experiments with a new clear/black/white spotted glass. It certainly adds flair to the orange. It is a combination of orange and black that doesn't appear to be Halloween-esque.







No comments: